I know it has been a while since I posted but my family and I had to pivot once this pandemic hit. Mainly fortifying ourselves to endure the long darkness that is upon us all. We have learned many new skills and have been able to focus on reading books that have sat idly and we have gotten to know one another and neighbors much better. One neighbor makes beer, another keeps bees, another sews, one makes homemade bread, I make jam from trees in the neighborhood. We all trade. We never used to. These are good things.
Life is often strange and uncanny but one thing is for certain witchcraft teaches us to be adaptable. To slip through the cracks and to bend our reality a bit so that we can achieve desired results in life. Right now there is chaos all around us. Our institutions and structures are fracturing and collapsing. Religious fundamentalism is on the rise (a visceral reaction to the Age of Aquarius no doubt) and anger over hoarded resources is on the rise. Both will get worse. If you follow astrology as I do you will see that over the coming months there will be government collapses and breaks and violence all over the world. Many of the more violent episodes will be in the Middle East, but the United States will not be immune. Our toxic neo-liberal capitalism, slave/racism culture, mysogyny, hyped consumerist, the break down of the family structure and income inequality are all coming to a head. The American Dream was always a lie but the belief that is was true has shattered. If you were not born to wealth you will never attain it. I see sectarian violence in America and the possibility of no elections. We are on a knife edge not knowing what will happen. These are perilous times but uncertainty makes reality more malleable. Magic allows us to maneuver and we have to be quick on our feet these days. We have to be open to change and we have to learn new skills as well as adapt to new situations. Here are some things that I think are important that we do.
1. Create space to release fear and anxiety: If you are reading this then you know a thing or two about the magical world. So cleanse and clear. Meditate. Take news breaks. Make your home or room beautiful. Get out in nature if you can and as much as you can.
2. Ward your space and yourself: Things are flying. Tensions are up. People are going to react with anger, fear and violence for the smallest things, especially men with fragile masculinity. You do not want to be collateral damage for their rage. Rage kills. Protect yourself so that energy passes you by so that you just miss the angry man in the big truck at the grocery store, or the rage filled woman spitting on people who choose to wear masks, or desperate people looking to snatch and grab from your car or home. Ward yourself, make yourself invisible to these things.
3. Focus on your dreams and desires: Because everything is in flux this means that it will be easier for your spells to work. What do you truly desire? And I don't mean crazy stoner inflated desires like owning a yacht or being Lady Gaga famous (you work for an insurance company and sing karaoke ahem!). I mean you have to know where you are in life and what is reasonable. I say this because people are going through so much change it will be easy to weave in that. Times like these, while dangerous and scary are also full of opportunities. Really think about what you desire and focus on it.
4. Build your relationships with the Spirits: Now is the time to build up your ancestor altar. Ask for help. Let them guide you through the danger. They went through it...WWI, 1918 flu, The Depression, let their wisdom help. Also make sure you are good with the genii loci and house spirits where ever you are. These can help you not to be evicted and help protect you from people who wish you harm.
5. Money: Yeah so much of this is about money. Here are my suggestions to go through if you have trouble with money. They are both mundane and spiritual.
a. Look at your birth chart. Specifically your 6th and 10th houses and see if you have any detriment to money and career in your chart. If you do then you need to do astrological remediation.
b. Deeply search your philosophy to money and relationship to it. Is it negative? Were you brought up to think money is evil? Did you grow up poor? Change your narrative to money if it is negative.
c. Start educating yourself about money and finances. This is the boring mundane part. Learn how to budget, how to grow your wealth, live within your means. Go deeper. Join a Credit Union instead of a Bank. Start small. Work on getting out of debt.
d. Create a permanent money altar. Work it on Sundays and Thursdays. Create a practice of drawing wealth to you.
e. Work with an abundance Spirit or deity. The choice is up to you. You will know yourself better than I.
f. Abandon toxic relationships with people in regards to money as well as your own. Have that moochy boyfriend that never gets a job? Bye. Have a relative that is always asking for money and never fulfilling promises? Bye. Are you compelled to gamble or spend money for "retail therapy"? Get help.
g. Be gentle with yourself. Forgive yourself for blunders and for fear. If you were not born into wealth then you have to get creative. Be patient.
h. Have gratitude. Money can be fickle. Without gratitude it can easily slip away.
Below is a Sun Seal from the Veritable Key of Solomon by Rankine and Skinner. I have found this quite useful in money workings. Hopefully you will too.
So my friends, stay safe, healthy and smart. Times are going to be tough for a while but so too are we who work with the unseen world.